Naka-Kon should be fun for everyone regardless of demographic, so we come down hard on harassment. Harassment is any activity designed or reasonably likely to cause alarm, fear, disgust, frustration, or other harmful emotions.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact Naka-Kon staff immediately—either in person on the floor, at the Access Control or Kon Ops offices in the Sheraton hotel, or via the anonymous harassment line at (513) 645-3641.
When making a report, any details are helpful: physical description (approximate height, weight, clothing, or cosplay), identifying features, badge information, descriptions of harassing behavior, etc.
Anyone asked to stop prohibited behaviors is expected to comply immediately.
Naka-Kon may take any action it deems appropriate in response to harassing behavior, including:
- Revoking badges without refund (either temporarily or permanently)
- Expelling those deemed in violation of policy
- Refusing to sell memberships for all future conventions.
Naka-Kon does not assume responsibility for the actions of participants or vendors.
To help ensure our attendees’ happiness and a successful convention, Naka-Kon has established a code of conduct and behavior policy for all attendees. We believe Naka-Kon should be a fun convention for everyone, regardless of gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or other demographic. Naka-Kon cannot guarantee to any attendee that they will be free from any uninvited or unwanted behavior by another attendee.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed or have any other concerns, please contact a member of convention staff immediately or report the behavior in the Access Control office. Access Control staff are also readily available via an anonymous harassment text line, where you can reach us by texting (513) 645-3641.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, or other characteristic or demographic.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Bathroom policing.
- Harassing photography, recording, or social media communications regarding guests of the convention, Naka-Kon staff, or Naka-Kon.
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
- Inappropriate or unwelcome physical contact (this includes “glomping”).
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Continued contact, conversation, photography, videography, or other attention after an individual has asked you to stop or leave them alone.
- The display or distribution of sexually related materials to individuals under the age of 18 (which is expressly prohibited and illegal).
- Other actions as determined by Naka-Kon and its agents on a case-by-case basis.
All decisions regarding whether a particular action is to be deemed harassment shall be made solely by Naka-Kon and its authorized agents. Individuals asked to stop any prohibited behaviors are expected to comply immediately, regardless of whether an attendee or convention staff makes the request.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the convention organizers may, but are not obligated to, take any action they deem appropriate, including expelling the offender from the convention without refund and refusing to sell the offender a membership badge for any or all future conventions. Naka-Kon also reserves the right to notify site security or local law enforcement of any unacceptable and/or illegal behavior. Naka-Kon does not assume any responsibility for the actions of its participants or vendors.
When making a report, please be aware that Naka-Kon is a convention with several thousand attendees and convention staff may need assistance identifying the offender. Providing a clear physical description (approximate height, weight, clothing or cosplay, etc.), identifying features, and/or badge information will assist us greatly.
If you feel that you have been harassed in violation of the law, Kon Ops or Access Control staff can assist you in contacting local law enforcement on your request. The safety and security of all attendees and guests at Naka-Kon are our top priorities.