- All 18+ panels, screenings, and some events require a wristband.
- Obtaining a wristband is NOT an entry guarantee to age-restricted programming.
- Wristbands are only good for the day they are obtained on: Friday wristbands for Friday happenings, Saturday wristbands for Saturday happenings, etc.
- To obtain a wristband, you must provide Naka-Kon ID Check staff with your valid, government issued photo-ID (such as a driver’s license, passport or military ID), as well as your valid 2020 Naka-Kon badge.
- The ID Check Table is located in the upper level of the Sheraton, outside of the Cottonwood rooms.
- The table will be open from: 12pm-9pm Friday and 9am-9pm Saturday. If you need to obtain a wristband after these hours, please visit the Access Control office on the Sheraton’s lower level.
- At 9pm each night, the Cottonwood pre-function area of the Sheraton will be cleared out and accessible only to 18+ wristband holders. Lines for any panels or programming will not be allowed in this area.
- Lines for the above programming can be found in the upper level of the Overland Park Convention Center, outside of the Exhibit Hall doors. Lines will start forming 30 minutes prior to the start of each event.
In expanding on the success of 2018’s new 18+ wristbands, and in response to the ever growing crowds and the confusion they can cause, Naka-Kon has decided to move to a mandatory wristband for the 18+ panels in 2019 and onward.
At this time these wristbands will not be necessary to obtain for any other age restricted ticketed events such as the 18+ screenings or to enter an admission into an 18+ contest. You will still need a wristband to attend the 18+ AMV contest and Cos-lesque, but the other items mentioned will simply require valid, government issued, photo ID at the door.
Wristbands are free to acquire. Attendees may receive a wristband for that night’s programming at the 18+ Wristband Table in the pre-function area of Sheraton’s Cottonwood rooms. Wristbands will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis, and do not guarantee entrance into any specific panel. To get a wristband, you must provide a valid, non-expired, government-issued, photo ID (such as a passport or a driver’s license) and a valid Naka-Kon 2019 badge for that day or for the full weekend.
You will not be permitted into the 18+ area/panels without a wristband, even with a valid, non-expired, government issued, photo ID shown at the door. You will not be able to pick up a wristband for someone else.
Our ID check table will be open 12:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. on Friday, and 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. on Saturday. Wristbands are valid only for the day they are picked up, and thus must be obtained each day for that night’s panels.
If you lose your wristband, or if it breaks, please try to return the damaged wristband to the ID Check table when requesting a replacement. You will have to show identification to receive your replacement.
Once inside the 18+ area you will be free to jump between on going panels, but you may not start lining up for a panel that has not started yet. 18+ lines will be located outside Exhibit Hall A & B this year starting around 9pm on Friday, and will no longer be allowed in the Cottonwood pre-function area. Anyone lining up outside of Cottonwood panel doors will be directed outside of the 18+ area to the appropriate designated line up area. Lines will begin no earlier than 30 minutes prior to each new panel’s starting time.
Lines will have a limited number of spots according to the seating allowance in the Cottonwood room.
Cottonwood 1: 300
Cottonwood 2: 480
Cottonwood 3: 450
If extra space is available in a panel room after it starts, this will be made clear on a WhiteBoard outside of the 18+ panel area. Please do not try to enter any panel rooms after panels have started without first speaking to the staff at the door.
If you need accessible entry to any 18+ panels, feel free to speak with the Access Control staffer handling line-up in Reg Hall, or with the Access Control staff at the 18+ area about how we can assist you.
If Naka-Kon staff believe you have been wrongly given a wristband, they may stop you in line and ask to see identification, so remember to carry ID with you to your panel! If you are caught giving or selling your wristband to another person, both parties will be removed from Naka-Kon and your membership will be revoked, regardless of the underage status of the receiving party.
Naka-Kon reserves the right to deny entrance of 18+ panels or to deny a wristband. If we believe your identification is fake, it will be confiscated by the Access Control director. If you believe your identification has been wrongly confiscated, Kon Ops and Access Control will work with you to make sure the situation is resolved properly.