Outside food and drink is prohibited. Water will be provided inside. Tampering with Water Coolers is strictly prohibited.
No bags are permitted inside the Dance Party. Do not abandon bags in public spaces. Naka-Kon staff will not watch your bags or items at the door for you.
Naka-Kon’s dress code must be followed for this event.
Attendees are not allowed to get on stage, and any attempts to do so will result in immediate removal from the event and possible badge revocation.
Upon entering the Dance Party, you assume all liability and injury risk.
Metal props or props weighing more than 10 lbs are not allowed inside the Dance Party.
At the end of the evening, please make sure to gather all of your belongings to help us, OPPD, and the convention center staff get cleaned up!
Per Overland Park Convention Center policy, outside food and drink will not be allowed into the Dance Party. Water will be provided inside the ballroom along the outer walls.
Be prepared to show your badge to the volunteers at the door! It may be a long line, but if everyone cooperates and takes the time to go through one by one, we can check badges quickly and get you in and dancing!
No bags are permitted in the Dance Party. All bags must be left in a hotel room or vehicle. The volunteers at the doors of the Dance Party will not watch bags or property, and are not responsible for property left unattended. This includes ALL bags, regardless of size. Store your purses, fanny packs, and clutches in your car or hotel room before you attend! We will have Tomo's locker available to store bags as well.
Naka-Kon's dress code and codes of conduct will be enforced inside the Dance Party. You can find a copy of the dress code online, or in your program books.
Please, make it quick and easy for everyone at the end of the night. When the party's over, double check that you have everything you brought in! Please leave the Overland Park Convention Center promptly after the party, so that our volunteers can finish cleaning up and head home to their beds too.
As a note: Attendees are not allowed onstage during the Dance Party. This includes being onstage for dancing, filming, etc. Please do not try to get onstage, and be advised that attempting to do so may result in your removal from the Dance Party or Naka-Kon, and/or your membership to Naka-Kon being revoked.
Dance Party Poi and Prop Rules
We would like to keep the dance a safe environment for all of our attendees, so we’ve created a special area up front near the stage where you can spin poi to your heart’s content (with a couple of qualifications, of course!):
- If you enter the Dance Party, you are assuming all liability for any risks or injuries that you may encounter. Naka-Kon will offer our sympathies and whatever aid we can, but we are not responsible for any accidentally launched poi, excessively large dance moves, disorientation caused by lights or spinning, busted hips instead of moves, etc.
- All spinning of props or poi MUST stay within the marked area. Spinning poi outside of the marked area may result in removal of your toys or yourself from the Dance Party.
- The Naka-Kon Prop and Weapons policy will be enforced inside the Dance Party, including these additions:
- No metal props, even if they are dull or lightweight.
- Nothing that is on fire.
- No props or poi should reach more than five feet away from the user.
- No spinning poi should have a weight of more than 8 ounces (that’s half a pound).
- No props should weigh more than 10 pounds.
- If you cause a safety hazard with your props and toys, you will be asked to remove them from the Dance Party.
- In the interest of safety, no props that may resemble a firearm will be allowed inside the Dance Party.
- We would like to remind our attendees that mock fighting is not allowed at Naka-Kon, and is still not allowed inside of the Dance Party.
- You are welcome to take pictures of any cool props you see, with permission from the subject of your photography of course!
The poi spinning area in the Dance Party will be clearly marked inside of the Ballroom. This roped-off area will operate on a first-come, first-serve basis, so please try to share the limited time and space allotted with your fellow Kon-goers! We will have a member of our staff wearing a safety vest outside of the area to assist you and make sure that the props and poi you bring with you meet our standards. Naka-Kon reserves the right to request the disuse or removal of any props or poi for any reason.
If you have any questions about the Dance Party rules, or about what props you may bring, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org! We are happy to assist you in planning for the convention!
Accessibility Services in the Dance Party
In an effort to make the Dance Party more accessible, Naka-Kon will provide expedited pre-entry to the Dance Party for our attendees who may use wheelchairs or others who require an accessible area to enjoy the event without being bumped into or overcrowded. If you have a bag you need to keep with you for medical reasons during the Dance Party, please notify the Access Control staff at either door.
Inside the Dance Party, we will have a wheelchair accessible area roped off near the stage with water and limited additional seating also provided. If you’d like to access this area from side doors instead of by expedited pre-entry at the main doors, you can enter from the Ballroom B doors (located near the Autograph lines).
- Please respect your fellow attendees who need access to the area, and only bring one able friend or attendant with you into the roped off area.
If you have any questions about how this area affects you, please feel free to email email@example.com. During the convention you can visit the Accessibility Services table located in Exhibit Hall A during registration hours. After Exhibit Hall A is closed, please visit the Kon Ops office, located in Linden, on the lower level of the Sheraton.